Friday, January 18, 2008

Bonus Bone: Rings glasses

Rings glasses, available at Crate & Barrel

Everyday glasses aren't the rock stars of the design world, but when you have crappy glasses that break all the time, you start to appreciate a nice, solid, well-made glass. For our wedding, Hardwood and I asked for a bunch of pint glasses and all but two broke before our first anniversary. (Thank god, breaking a glass doesn't carry bad luck like mirrors!) We restocked with Crate & Barrel's ring glasses. They're solid and have a nice classic design. And I'm happy to say not a single one has broken (knock on wood).

For these reasons, I, Porcelain, declare this a Design Boner.

3 comments:

Dave Knapik said...

It's actually not a flaw in pint glasses that they break so easily, but a feature. Knowing this gives you a distinct advantage in a pub fight.

Katie said...

Dave, I'll remember this when Hardwood and I get into a pub fight at home! :)

Anonymous said...

Walmart had these same glasses cheap for a while...I have a set, but the pitcher isn't included. It came with juice glasses, mugs, tumblers, and drinking glasses (I think 4 each) for under $10. You might wanna keep them in mind if you need extras for parties. It's whichever brand does the supercheap cardboard boxed sets that they always carry.