Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A Light for Knitting

I really like this lamp. I've been looking for a white (or off-white) floor lamp and this one is just so simple and sharp. It lives, right now, at West Elm and the good news is that it's on sale. It was originally $170 and it's been marked down to $100. The bad news is that the shipping will cost me $17 and, since there's a store within the IL state borders, they'll also charge me sales tax (about 9%). All these charges are starting to add up.

But I keep coming back to it and sighing...and longing...

Does anyone know of another lamp that looks similar that might not cost me as much or that I might be able to see in person before I buy it? Or can anyone steer me in the direction of a FREE SHIPPING or other kind of West Elm online coupon?

This particular lamp stands about 58" tall but I could go with a model a bit shorter (around 50"). I like how the shade focuses the light in one spot, which I need because this will end up being a light for knitting. And, as I mentioned before, I like it white or ivory or something in that pale family.

So, go on, get out there. Help me find something good!

No comments: