Friday, February 02, 2007

Bonus Bone: Flor tiles


I've been hunting for a large affordable rug to put underneath my easel at home. I don't want to spend too much because it will get splattered with paint. I considered getting one of these rugs, but I was worried that they might be too thin and the paint would ooze through onto the floor. So I started looking at different options. I'm thinking of going with a bunch of Flor tiles (specifically these).

Although it turns out this option is a little bit more expensive than the Urban Outfitters rugs, I feel much better about spending my money at Flor. I'm consciously trying to purchase products that are more "green" and Flor has some wonderful environmental policies. Many of their designs are made from recycled or renewable resources and made in ways that don't require or waste much energy. They also believe in recycling and when you're ready to get rid of your Flor tiles (or change them up) you can send the tiles back to them and they will recycle them for you. How fantastic is that!

For these reasons, I, Porcelain, declare this a Design Boner.

No comments: