Monday, October 05, 2009

Conan's Curtain

I've been watching a lot of Conan lately... Maybe it's because I want to support his shot in the spotlight, maybe it's because he's hi-lar-i-ous, or maybe it's because of this curtain!

Curtain, via Schroeder Inc.

I am in love with these silvery starbursts that whisper quite loudly of mid-century memories. I did a little digging and found out that it's a fabric called "Golden Sunburst" by Jim Thompson. The silk stars are a direct nod to the design eye of sculptor/icon Tony Duquette.


The design appears to be purchasable by TRADE ONLY but is rumored to be available in six different colors (see one above) and for the frugal cost of over $200/yard.

Say what?! I know - $200 for pillow fabric is craZy! At least it's more attractive than Conan's other backdrop...

GIF, via Milkolate

No comments: