Friday, December 07, 2007

Bonus Bone: Brown & Gold wallpaper

Image from the movie The Golden Compass

Hardwood and I have had visions of wallpaper floating in our heads. For the past few weeks we've been emailing back and forth wallpaper patterns we like in anticipation of decoration a new home. At the beginning of this week my December/January issue of Domino arrived and I fell in love with the brown and gold Osborne & Little Foile wallpaper they featured. (Sorry I wasn't able to find an image of Foile in brown and gold online.) I didn't show it to Hardwood initially because generally he's more attracted to silver rather than gold. But a couple days later he emailed me the above still from the movie The Golden Compass saying I love this wallpaper. Ooooo, I liked it too!* So I showed him the wallpaper in Domino and he liked it as well. I love it when something clicks between the two of us and neither of us has to compromise too much.

For these reasons, I, Porcelain, declare this a Design Boner.

*(Side note, if anyone has any idea of who makes this wallpaper, I would love to know! It looks very Art Nouveau, so I'm guessing it is probably original and probably not available. But we can dream!)

No comments: