Saturday, December 02, 2006

A Sad but Good-Smellin' Tree

Porcelain recently offered up a couple pretty trees and I would like to counter with the most adorable little mess of a tree that may not look like much but sure does tug on the heartstrings!

Charlie Brown Pathetic Tree, $24

This fake tree by Urban Outfitters makes me feel so happy/sad! The holidays often do that same thing to me: happy that I'm together with my whole family for a few days, sad that I have to leave soon. This tree is the perfect decoration for that crazy mix of holiday emotions. To increase the "awwww" factor, that single festive red glass ball comes with it.

If you're in the market for a faux fir, either glorious or meager, you can make the whole experience more authentic with this "Tree" scented candle from Bath & Body Works. I bought one of these candles last year and was completely impressed with the true-to-life scent of "Douglas fir, sweet musk, warm vanilla sugar, [and] crisp winter air." The scent disperses well and puts me right in the mood for wrapping presents!

Tree scented candle, $16.50

No comments: