Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Happy Holiday (with a Touch of Humbug)

Formica's Christmas Tree

I was scheduled to fly to Denver tomorrow afternoon, to spend Christmas with my family. My sister just recently returned from living in Japan so this was going to be the first time we've all been together in a year and a half.

And then it snowed.

And snowed....and the wind blew...and it continued to snow until Denver International Airport closed. Delta canceled my flight (arriving in Denver tomorrow at 2pm) so I patiently called to reschedule. I thought maybe I'd have to come in on Friday (no big deal). The operator then tells me that the next available flight isn't until CHRISTMAS EVENING! I'm so bummed! Yet I'm still a bit hopeful that I can take my giant bags and my smiley face over to O'Hare and stand by, stand by, stand by. I've watched the Amazing Race; I know how they do.

In the meantime, if any of you works for an airline and wants to make Cardboard's Christmas the BEST EVER (or at least the normal one it was supposed to be), please send me a note!

One way or another, I'll get there. Wish me luck. I hope all of your travel plans succeed fully and I wish you a lovely (snowy only after you arrive at your destination) holiday!

1 comment:

Katie said...

OH NOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fingers, toes, arms, legs, and eyes crossed that Delta finds you an aisle seat with oodles of leg room on a flight home tonight!

We should have totally watched that Lifetime movie, Christmas Wedding, so you could have taken notes on wacky ways to get home.