Friday, January 12, 2007

Bonus Bone: #841

Ray Hartl's #841 & other artwork in the blue room

Yesterday, I turned 30.

Earlier in the week, there was a lot of soul searching and hemming and hawing about my station in life. There's nothing wrong with a little self-reflection. Then, on the anniversary of my 30th year, I opened a heartily constructed box to discover print #841 of the Equine series by
Ray Hartl. I've coveted this print since I first saw Hartl's work at the Old Town Art Fair last summer. This is my mother's gift to me. I love everything about it: the color, the gleam, the abstract quality. I still have to get it framed but, golly, even wrapped in plastic, it stuns me. Happy birthday to me. I couldn't be happier.

For these reasons, I, Cardboard, declare this a Design Boner.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feel like I should be able to reach out and get a palm full of sweaty horse hairs---it's nice that it's big, eh?!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see it up and hanging. I, too, can imagine reaching out to touch a sweaty horse after a good trot. Ooops, if you live across the puddle that last sentence may have come out wrong!

vvv said...

looks great! what size did you get?