Friday, December 22, 2006

Gimage: 4:49am

"4:49 am"

That about sums up how I feel right now. I woke up in the wee hours just now to see if I could get on a flight to Denver today. Hilariously, I'm waitlisted on the exact same flight I was supposed to be on yesterday.

I am also trying to get a train ticket but those are sold out so I've been calling every hour or so to see if there have been any cancellations.

Nothing yet.

Yesterday, I drove to Union Station to try for a last minute train ticket. I even bought a bus ticket online and showed up at the Greyhound Station, braced for the 22 hr bus ride ahead of me, only to find out that they've canceled all their buses to Denver and simply neglected to say anything about that online. As it stands now, I'm booked on a flight for Christmas Eve - leaves Chicago around 10am, lengthy layover in Cincinnati, lengthy layover in Atlanta, arrives in Denver at 9:30pm.

I'm tired and don't have much fight left in me, hence, the cheese.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, Miss sturdy packaging material, I hope that you don't have to fight as hard to get home, 'cuz I see the God of Snow isn't done with Denver yet!