Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Me & My Schmoo

Does this picture kinda freak you out?

Then you should watch the super creeptastic video* !

Funktionide Part II, designed by Stefan Ulrich, is essentially a body pillow...that breathes. Made of electroactive polymers or "artificial muscles," the purpose of this snuggle form is to help one through the lonelies.

What? No big comfy slug for you? Com'ere, lemme give you a hug...

* Thanks goes to Towleroad for the tip off AND for calling it a "schmoo."

7 comments:

Sandy said...

Actually, it reminds me of the time my sourdough bread "starter" overflowed the bowl it was in and slithered down the countertop.

nessie said...

Hmmm, I wonder if the cats would go for this over my lap?!

Alison said...

And what if you prefer a more slender bed partner?
I was also considering this to keep Grace company during the day, she'd love it!

ps creepiest video, I totally thought that guy was gonna "do it" with the breathing pillow...

mr.sketch said...

breathing pillow sex!!! dude needs a friend.

Mr. Bluehaunt said...

If it does dishes and can manage money, I might get one to replace my current...

Cardboard said...

...OH SNAP!

Frenchee Le Trip said...

wow