Friday, January 04, 2008

Bonus Bone: Gwen Frostic mini calendar


2008 mini calendar by Gwen Frostic

I always feel a little melancholy at the beginning of new years. The celebration, family, and days off are all over with and ahead of me is several months of cold weather with very little sunlight. I used to make resolutions and then felt bad when I broke them. So I've stopped making them. Occasionally I'll make a general goal for the year, but it's vague enough that I won't feel bad if I don't follow it. As I've grown older, I've learned to be gentle and cut myself a little slack.

Yesterday, I found this mini calendar by Gwen Frostic that quite simply said what I needed to hear. "It's not an engagement calendar to remind you of your busy life, but simply a reminder of serenity and beauty." So I want 2008 to be about taking time to see the beauty wherever it may be. I think I can handle that resolution!

For these reasons, I, Porcelain, declare this a Design Boner.

No comments: