Friday, December 21, 2007

Bonus Bone: Voges Sensory Collection

I received a Voges catalog in the mail a couple of weeks ago and drooled over the descriptions of the yummy truffles and other delightful bon bons. I was in the midst of compiling my gift guide, so my brain was thinking value, but then I spotted this amazing collection that blew the $50 budget out of the water. But it sounds so cool that I had to include it somewhere.

The Sensory Collection is designed to develop your sense of smell and taste and helps you recognize and articulate those smells and tastes. The kit includes 40 pieces of chocolate, 42 aromas, guidebook, flavor wheel, notebook, and blindfold (apparently for some party-trick fun). It kind of reminds me of a scene from the movie French Kiss. Kevin Kline shows Meg Ryan a wine-scent kit he made when he was a young French lad and she is quickly able to distinguish and point out the flavors in the wine she's drinking.

The chocolate sensory collection retails for a whopping $375, which seems like a whole lot for a bunch of chocolates and smelly air, but it also sounds like a lot of fun and you'd probably learn quite a bit. I'd love to hone in on my senses like that. Pretty nifty!

For these reasons, I, Porcelain, declare this a Design Boner.

No comments: