Monday, October 15, 2007

Why are most ceiling fans butt ugly?

Hardwood and I want ceiling fans in both of the bedrooms in the new condo we get. So we've been looking around online and also stopped at Lowe's on Sunday. There was not one fan that we liked at the store. All of them were butt ugly!! Seriously who designs some of these things? Captain Kirk on acid? Here is a smattering of some particularly awful ones* I found. I could have posted a lot more, but I didn't want any of our reader's eyes to start bleeding!






*For the good of mankind and design, I'm not even going to bother to link to where to buy these.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first and last fans would fit in perfectly in Bette Midler and Danny DeVito's house from the movie Ruthless People. I don't understand what possesses anyone to buy these things...especially the neon one with the clear plexiglass. Unless you're opening a strip club in the back room of a Spencer's Gifts, that is totally inappropriate.

Anonymous said...

i really like the first one, but you really opened my eyes to how these 'interesting' designs are really ass-ugly.. even my fan is and it really looks like a flower