Friday, October 19, 2007

Bonus Bone: Star Wars Mirror Art


I'm not really a big Star Wars fan. I feel it's important to see all the films to understand current cultural references but other than that? Meh...

Which is exactly why these four pieces of vintage mirror art must be a Bonus Bone. I think they stand up, independent of the movies, on their design merits alone. The weathered glass and cheap silvery frames show them off to be kitschy yet classic (a quality I rarely dislike). I can see them working in so many ways: horizontally aligned across damask wallpaper, resting atop a mantel, hung child-height in a boy's room, etc.

Since they're selling for $80 for the set, I'll let an true SW fan snap them up. But if, amongst all the action figures and plushy Ewoks, I see this group on display; I might agree to a second date.

For these reasons, I, Cardboard, declare this a Design Boner.