Friday, August 17, 2007

Bonus Bone: Coral Pendant


Coral Pendant, available at DWR

Ever since Hardwood and I started condo hunting (we're still hunting in case you're wondering), I've been keeping my eyes open for cool things to furnish our new digs. Lately I've been on a sculptural pendant light kick. Most of the lighting I've seen in condos for sale has been either bland or horrid. I want something that is really unique and makes a bold statement!

One of current favs is the Coral pendant designed by
David Trubridge. I'm really attracted to the shape and I've always loved the look of those huge light bulbs. After reading the description of this piece on DWR's site, I'm even more intrigued. The pendant was influenced by the repeating patterns of ice crystals in Antarctica and the similar patterns of underwater coral. Pretty cool! On top of all this, the Coral pendant is made from sustainable, untreated pine plywood. It arrives unassembled to make shipping more efficient and cut down on packaging.

For these reasons, I, Porcelain, declare this a Design Boner.

2 comments:

katiedid said...

I love this pendant too! I was thinking of it for a stair landing. I love that it will cast very cool shadows all over the wals. I saw a series of them used in a restaurant and it looked fab!

Katie said...

I didn't even think about what cool shadows it would make. WOW! Sounds awesome!!!!