Friday, July 06, 2007

Bonus Bone: Calmont gray armchair

Calmont gray armchair, available at Pier 1 Imports

I worked at Pier 1 Imports the summer after my freshman year of college. I still have nightmares about unpacking wicker furniture. Actually, that's a lie, the nightmares have left. But I will go on little tirades about my hate of wicker. It's the devil's furniture, I tell you! It definitely has scarred me for life.
That's why I always get so surprised when I find something that I actually like at the Pier. I rub my eyes and do a double take. Yup, that's actually pretty cute and not a bit of wicker in sight! I'm really quite taken with the lovely Hollywood Regency-esque Calmont armchair, which is now on sale. Love that piping! It reminds me a tiny bit of the Grace chair from Room & Board, but the legs on the Pier 1 model are a bit chunkier than I would like. I think I could definitely overlook it due to the decent sale price. Plus, did I mention there is no wicker!

For these reasons, I, Porcelain, declare this a Design Boner.

No comments: