Friday, June 26, 2009

Bonus Bone: Red Leather

I just can't let this Michael Jackson passing thing, well, pass, just yet. Besides the moonwalk, Michael gave us the iconic red leather jacket. In his honor, I wanted to highlight red leather for the home.

Celina Settee, at Artnet

Wilko (Faux) Leather Mirror, at WilkinsonPlus

Yet, after my many minutes a'google, I found that red leather can often appear tragically flawed and/or uncomfortably weird.



But at design boner, we prefer to focus on the good in design, on the qualities that elevate acceptable into classic.

Red Leather Side Chair, at Alternative Office Source

For these reasons, I, Cardboard, declare all this (and Michael) a Design Boner.
MJ Photo Credit: Costumes of Nashua

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I'd gouge my eyes out if I were in that office for more than 5minutes.

Bree said...

My brother had that coat. He wore it to school and got so much shit that I inherited it. 2nd grade never rocked harder.