Friday, March 20, 2009

Bonus Bone: Wolli Snow Mountain Toy Box

I love this. Period. Yeah, yeah - it's for kids and - sure, sure - it's supposed to hold their toys but...agh, my heart...it just melted and I want this thing.

Etsy vendor BabiesBreath has, with a few stitches and a whole lotta' felt, has thrown me right back to when I was wee and my sisters and I would play with our felt board. With our imaginative "grubby biscuit hooks," as Porcelain would call them, we'd orchestrate fairy tales on the felted surface, adhering the floppy cut-outs - dogs, girls, buckets, trees - to our canvas with an amateur and wild grace.

This toy box, this masterpiece of "sturdy and flexible storage," may not be meant for me yet. But it could hold all my mittens...

For these reasons, I, Cardboard, declare this a Design Boner.

1 comment:

this humble abode said...

thought I'd pass along this video involving loads of felt. oh, and also nodding animals.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-LiYKT6nd0