Thursday, August 07, 2008

A Top Design Chicago Sighting

Tonight, as I was heading toward PetCo to pick up more Feliway, I spotted John from Season 1 of Top Design at the Starbucks on Clark & Belmont.

I felt the flush of famous, as I strolled down the sidewalk and peered in to see him sipping and chatting. It was very reminiscent of the time I met Season 1 winner, Matt Lorenz. Yet this time, I merely smiled knowingly through the window instead of hovering in an awkward linger and talking trash about my ex-boyfriend.

Unfortunately, I don't remember anything that John accomplished during his time on TD. I just found it rather funny, and somewhat stirring, that I instantly placed his face.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! So how gay did Matt seem in person? He seemed like a total closet case on TD ... (I really liked him -- just felt a little sorry for his wife.)

Katie said...

John has a store just around the corner from that Starbucks.

http://www.johnathonchicago.com/

Cardboard said...

Ohhhhhhh! I also walked right by that store (and pressed my little pig nose right up against the glass). I had no idea that was this Johnathon.

Cardboard said...

And, Anon, Matt was very pleasant and rather non-sexual (in any direction). Porcelain & I met him at the Mart's 2007 Dream Home. He was full of smiles.

Anonymous said...

Well whatever it is I would most definitely love to meet this Matt. He sounds like the proper candidate for a good movie I mean either he's a nice guy or he's just acting it.. Am I Right Or Am I Right??