Friday, March 14, 2008

Bonus Bone: Scrapile dining table

Wood detail
I love wooden dining tables. I think it stems back to the big pine table we had in our kitchen growing up. It was where we had family dinners every night, did homework, and chatted with Mom when we got home from school. It was the social hub of our home.

I saw this dining table in a recent Elle Decoration UK and fell in love. I also love tables that make a bold statement. As I learned more about what goes into making this table, I loved it even more for its green design. Scrapile collects and repurposes discarded wood scraps from New York's woodworking industry. I love the stripes from all the different types of wood they used. Such a beauty!! I'd love to have this be the social hub of my current home.

For these reasons, I, Porcelain, declare this a Design Boner.

1 comment:

Angela Schwab said...

I'm with you on the bone. er, I mean... wood.