Friday, January 11, 2008

Bonus Bone: a Wireless Router

Finally! After about four hours of pulling our hair out, searching our computers for "wireless adapters," and dialing up the customer support at both Linksys and Comcast, Bamboo and I finally have our wireless up and running.

Previously, my laptop was tied down to one spot, chained to our old non-wireless router. Or, if I wanted to float about and be connected to the internet at the same time, I had to glom onto some stranger's shady "insecure" wireless connection. No more!

Working on my 2008 goal of simplifying life, I bought the wireless doo-hickey and, after only a few frustrating hours of general configuration, I am now able to sit on my couch and blog. I'm not sure if extending my blogspace is a healthy thing but I will say that, for tonight, it's all very exciting.

For these reasons, I, Cardboard, declare this a Design Boner.

3 comments:

bamboo said...

I wish it were all very exciting for me too...

Anonymous said...

You've got a real good router there. We have the same model and it's performance is terrific. Enjoy the freedom! Best Regards for the New Year. Art

Ana Herda said...

hooking up wireless was frustrating for me too, but it's so worth it! Congrats!