Tuesday, August 21, 2007

For the Love of Stamps

Sometimes a love of design makes a person do really dorky things...


...like subscribe to the stamp catalog.

I admit it: I am a good mail junkie. I think finding the perfect stamp for personal correspondence is part of the whole package (pun intended). I do use the stamps; I don't simply collect them (not that there's anything wrong with that). But I confess to getting way more excited than I should when I see a new USA Philatelic in my mailbox.

The color-overloaded image on the cover of the recent issue is showcasing the new Beautiful Blooms stamps. They're fun and pretty, although hardly unexpected.

I would much rather peel 'n' stick the following:

Vintage Mahogany Speedboats, 4 designs

There's also a new "Jury Duty" design coming out which is cracking me up a bit. It's not visible online yet because the issue date isn't until Sept. 12th. I'll just have to remind you about it later.

Did you catch that? Catalog subscribers get a sneak peek at the upcoming releases. Yeah, that's right. You only wish you were this cool.

No comments: