Friday, June 09, 2006

Paper Hunt

Thanks to a tip off from our friends at Apartment Therapy - Chicago, I played hooky from work today and went out to grab some free wallpaper!
Maya Romanoff, a local high-end wallpaper manufacturer sold their storage space and needed to clean house. I visited their website and was hoping to find rolls of the metal leaf, natural fibers, or even the Beadazzled (seriously!) collection. Alas, no such luck. Yet I stood among 20 or so other scavengers, waiting, until the doors opened at 2:30pm. We rifled through the older collections, boxed and rolled, stacked crazy-like in the basement and garage. I nabbed a couple rolls with great texture and a neat herringbone pattern in three different shades: sage green, soft grey, and a pale but lively yellow.

I don't exactly know what I'll do with all this wallpaper or even if I'll end up using it at all. But I am a firm believer in taking what you can get when you can get it and seeing how it all fits together later. This might explain why I have so much....stuff.

No comments: