Friday, June 23, 2006

Bonus Bone: Self-watering flowerpot




I confess! I'm a bit of a lazy gardener!!! (In fact I haven't even planted anything this summer.) I start out with the best of intentions to water daily. This goes on for a few weeks straight, maybe a month, tops, and then the heat of the summer infiltrates my brain and I start to SLACK! Right as I walk through my front door, I tend to wilt and collapse onto the couch in front of the window AC. The thought of going outside, back into the heat and humidity, keeps me planted. What? I have to water the cats AND plants? Too hot! Too much work! Must...not...break...sweat...

By the time the heat wave breaks, my lovely little herbs and tomato plants are rather pathetic, slightly yellowed and shriveled. Get these plants to the ER and STAT! Do you think my insurance will cover this? If only there was someone or something that would water for me. Now there is help for lazy gardeners like me or good ones who are away on vacation, the self-watering flowerpot! Designed by Henrik Holbaek and Claus Jensen, this ingenious pot will hydrate your plants for a week or longer through a of system nylon wicks that draw water up like the plant's natural roots.

For these reasons, I, Porcelain, declare this a Design Boner.

No comments: