Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving preparations: Before & After

Hardwood and I are celebrating Thanksgiving with his family. It will be the first, big holiday we host at our home. We have a kick-ass vegetarian feast all planned out. But there was the little matter of carving out a spot in our apartment to serve it. I was tired of eating all our meals at the sofa and I'm sure Hardwood's 99 year old Grandmother (That's right 99!) wouldn't find it all that comfortable. Plus six people sitting around our coffee table eating a massive feast would be really tight and awkward. So a month ago I snapped up a giant Norden table at one of IKEA's Seize the Day sales.

The table is in our front room, which acts as my painting studio. I just needed to convert the room from crazy, messy art studio into a clean and comfortable dining room. That's how I spent my Monday night. I thought I'd show a few before and after shots of the space. Behold the Madness!

BEFORE:



AFTER:




I think it turned out pretty good. It's still a little cluttered with the canvases and books, but there was only so much I could hide.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! And good luck to all of those cooking and cleaning the next couple days!

3 comments:

Preston said...

What a great table. Let us know what you served for your vegetarian Thanksgiving meal and how it all went. We're doing a turkey and all the trimmings! Plus I am attempting to make a pumpkin cheesecake!

Katie said...

Mmmmm, pumpkin cheesecake!!!!!!!! Sounds fantastic! I'll definitely do a post on our vegetarian feast.

It's a great table. Solid wood and super sturdy.

Anonymous said...

Yeah good job! Regardless of the style you come up with, your kitchen table should give you a lifetime of enjoyment - make it something you love and something that truly reflects your personality and lifestyle.

Thanks,
Daisy